Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do you obtain a course Certificate of Completion and Professional Growth Hours?
Answer: To obtain a course Certificate of Completion and Professional Growth Hours you must complete the following steps:
- Study the course material and complete all of the activities in preparation for the final comprehensive test.
- Register to take the test on the FCC Cal-Pro-NET Center Web page. If you do not have a Cal-Pro-NET Center account, please be sure to create an account before attempting to register for the course. After registering, your course(s) will be available on Canvas within three hours until 5 p.m. daily. If you register after 5 p.m., you will need to wait until 5 a.m. the following morning to access the course on Canvas.
- Take the test on Canvas using the user name and password provided to you when you created your account.
- Pass the test with a score of 75 percent or higher. (Your results will be revealed immediately after you submit your test.)
After passing the test, you will receive, via email, instructions for printing your Healthy and Active Preschoolers’ Learning Center Certificate of Completion that indicates the number of Professional Growth Hours obtained.
If you fail the test, we encourage you to go over the course material again and retake the test. You may retake the test as many times as needed.
You may use your certificate(s) to enhance your professional portfolio or to verify professional growth hours for renewing your California Child Development Permit. To find out more about the California Child Development Permit Matrix, professional growth hours, or to locate a professional growth adviser, log on to: Child Development Training Consortium
Question: Can I get college credit for taking the courses?
Answer: The courses are not degree applicable nor do they provide academic units or college credit. However, each course offers the opportunity to obtain Professional Growth Hours.
Question: How many Professional Growth Hours can I get from taking the courses?
Answer: You can obtain the following number of Professional Growth Hours upon completion of the course(s) and after passing the final exam at 75 percent or higher:
- Nutrition Fundamentals Course = 3.0 hours
- Mealtime Environment Course = 1.5 hours
- Preschool Nutrition and Active Physical Play Course = 3.0 hours
- Food Safety Course = 2.5 hours
Question: Are Professional Growth Hours the same as Continuing Education Units?
Answer: Professional Growth Hours equate to Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs).