Creating a Successful Mealtime Environment
Overview / Objectives
Mealtimes are critical to a child’s well-being. A successful mealtime environment is one where adults have the tools and strategies to facilitate, support, and guide children’s physical, cognitive, and social-emotional development.
After completing this module, you will know how to:
- Plan appropriate transitions before and after meals.
- Identify the adult’s and children’s responsibilities before the mealtime.
- Strengthen emerging social skills.
- Support positive mealtime behaviors.
- Manage challenging mealtime behaviors.
- Create a dialogue with parents and guardians about the mealtime experience.