Active Physical Play
Physical activity can improve a child’s health and well-being. This module presents strategies and techniques demonstrating how physical activity can benefit children’s health.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Explain why physical activity is important.
- State how much physical activity is appropriate for preschool-aged children.
- Identify structured and unstructured physical activities.
- Recognize the importance of play and the impact it has on developing children.
- Identify ways to facilitate maximum participation for both outdoor and indoor activities.
- Discover school readiness skills integration within active play.
- Recognize the importance of adult modeling and the positive effects it has on children.
- Explain how active play can occur in limited space.
- State some precautions for indoor and outdoor play.
- State the characteristics of good and safe play areas.
Note: This module includes video clips that exemplify many of the concepts presented. Make sure to view the clips in their entirety for appropriate and inappropriate practices in the classroom and home.